There are only FOUR more days until Mia's monumental Sunday Sample Sale on April 3rd. So in the spirit here are our Top Ten Tips for finding the perfect Sample Sale Dress:
- Arrive Early - There are no appointments, so to get the best, you need to be thefirst.
- Do Your Homework - Know what type of silhouette looks best on your body. No need to waste your time with trumpet styles if a-line silhouettes flatter your figure best.
- Recognize a Steal - Make a mental note of the designer's usual prices so you can spot super savings. A Kenneth Pool ball gown adorned with Swarovski stones for $2,000? Yes please!
- Limit Your Entourage - Bring one, most trusted friend or family member. You need to be confident in your decision, not confused by other people's opinions. It's about what you want!
- Be Selective - You will only be able to pull 5 gowns at a time and will have 30 minutes in the dressing room.
- Stay Open to Possibilities - There are so many possibilities in alterations. Hate the straight across neckline? Have it changed to sweetheart! Need something with no train? Take the extra length off with your hem.
- Don't be Afraid of Too Big - Most couture gowns are alterations friendly and can be taken in several sizes to make it perfect for you.
- Review Your Selection - As samples, the gowns will be have some shop wear. Understanding the cleaning and alteration options will make you comfortable with your purchase.
- Come Ready To Commit - There are no hold or layaway options, so come ready to purchase the gown before another bride spots it.
- Get Excited - Weddings are expensive. So saving thousands of dollars on your dream dress could also mean there is room in the budget for your dream flowers, or cake, or shoes! The possibilities are endless!
See you at the Sample Sale, Sunday April 3rd!
And what's a blog post without some pics.. If you never been to Mia Bridal, here's a look into there amazing space over in River Oaks..